Saturday, November 11, 2006

Hello, Ms. Meiki. I'll write my homework(11/6).

1. Time is money.
I think it means that time is very important as well as money or more important than money. We can't return time. We are living at the moment, now. And we can't buy time by money. But we tend to be controled by time. It's also important to have mental leisure in our mind.

2. A stitch time saves nine.
It means that to do something in advance prevents every failure. If we are beforehand with something important, we won't be in panic. So, I think that to start something early will bring good results.

3. There's no time like the present.
It means "Now is the moment of the chance." So we should carry out the plan right now without hesitation. There is a proverb like this. It's "He who hesitates is lost." It means that people who hesitate what to do or what they should do will miss a golden opportunity. There's not a moment to lose. As I stated above 1. , the moment,now is important. And we sometimes have to decide someting to do in an instant.

4. Let's meet at four. If I'm not there by five, leave without me at six, and I'll be there at seven.
I'm not sure about this proverb. I don't have the clear idea of this meaning. So I have to guess. I think that it's a kind of roundabout expression of refusal of date with someone you don't like. Or it might be used when we don' t know our schedule yet. Although these are my speculation. I want to know the real meaning.

1 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Excellent! I enjoyed your explanation. Very well written.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home