Saturday, November 18, 2006

Hello!! I'll write my homework(11/13) .

1. Is Japanese life affected by superstitions?

I think it depends on person. There are many superstitions, so people often choose some of them to believe. I think elder people tend to believe and practice superstitions more than young people, because my grandmother sometimes tells me some of them. Actually I don't believe such as superstitions and the fortunetelling very much, but when I found that the magazine said a good prediction, I often believe it. On the other hand, if the magazine said a bad prediction, I don't choose them to believe. As well as the fortunetelling, people probably know that superstitions doesn't always come true, but people sometimes regard them as the strength of their mind especially when they have some important events. We shouldn't become too nervous about superstition, but it sometimes is a good way to regard them as one of advices.

2. What superstitions do you practice? Which ones? Why?

I would often practice some superstitions when I was a child because my mother told me to follow them. I have the unforgettable one. She often said, "Don't cut your nails at night." This superstition implies that if we cut our nails at night, we'll not be able to see my parents on their deathbed. I practiced it because I wanted to avoid such misfortune. However, now I have little chance to cut my nails in the daytime, so when I cut my nails at night, I always reflect my mother's word.

1 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Excellent work and interesting thoughts. Good Work

5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home