Saturday, January 13, 2007

A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

I'll write my first blog this year. Last class, we covered education. I 'm interested in teaching children now, so it was really good opportunity that I met the president of Hiroshima International School. Thank you so much, Ms. Meiki!!

I agree with the writer on some points. First, I found that there are many Chinese who speak English fluently. I have a Chinese friend, and his English is excellent! I think Japanese are good at grammar, but we often seem to be coward in speaking English. Onthe other hand, Chinese seem to be active in speaking English. I think it's very important. It is said that English is the global language. I agree with it. I think the important thing that Japanese have to try is not to afraid of making mistakes when we speak English.
Next, I'd like to talk about English education at the elementary schools. I know that many elementary schools are interested in English education, and they are beginning some activities these days. Do Japanese children need English education? My opinion is...yes. But I think who will teach is very important point. It means, if a native speaker comes to school and teach English, it is very nice exercise for children, but teaching English by Japanese classroom teacher, I think there is no benefit. Being accustomed to using English since childhood will make children storong English speakers, so I think it's a good way that both Japanese and English should be learned keeping a good balance.
Finally, I'm going to talk about the English ability of Japanese. According to the writer, many Asian countries like China, South Korea, Taiwan and Thailand have all incorporated English into their elementary school curriculums. On the other hand, in Japan, the government doedn't establish English education as the compulsory subject at elementary schools. I think this is one of the causes that makes the difference of ability of using English. However I don't know it is the good way to take English education into elementary schools as the compulsory subject. Please give me your opinion!

1 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Excellent! I agree with you all the way!

12:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home