Sunday, May 13, 2007

Hellow, Ms.Meiki, Lolf and everyone!! I'm really looking forward to taking this CCC Class as well as last semester.

HOMEWORK (April 15) What is CCC?
I learned in CCC class last semester that there are so many cultural differences between countries all over the world. They are very interesting!! I found that it is important to understand and admit their own culture, religeon and custom. In addition, it must be interesting to share some of them. Therefore we need to know our own culture well so that we can tell its appeal to the world.

I found an interesting article from Asahi newspaper (May 14, page 7) for this homework. Its headline says "How about soy sause with meat?" The large soy sause company Kikkoman came to 50years since they advanced to the American market. They appealed goodness of soy sause at the event to introduce Japanese food culture held in Washington on May 12. Kikkomanis the pioneer in the field of Japanese manufacturer which provides soy sause for the supermarket in America. Soy sause is gradually taking root, and now 60% of American family keep it in their fridge as well as mayonnaise and mustard. Kikkoman aims to increase the sale more taking this occasion.

I think soy sause and meat are symbolic of Japan and America, and this topic shows the fusion of both countries. It's just the cross culture situation. I think cross culture understanding is actually easy. Both soy sause and meat are familiar to us, so we can get to know , understand and enjoy other culture from these well-known things naturally.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rolf said...

Interesting article. A lot of American families use soy sauce, but do you think they use it in the same way (for the same types of food) as Japanese people?

9:37 PM  
Blogger yellow dress said...

Hi, Rolf♪
Thank you for your interesting question. I'm not sure but I think American families use soy sause in the different way as us. I wonder if they use it with interesting food which we Japanese never thought!! They might use it with pineapple or perhaps an ice cream?! How about you, Rolf? How do you use soy sause??

11:14 PM  
Blogger yellow dress said...

Rolf, I forgot to tell you that my handlename is changed from "lionking" to "yellowdress" because I had some problem with using my old name "lionking", so I had to make new one. Please notice that "yellow dress" is me, the writer of this blog page"HJU hello" !!

11:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home