Saturday, July 28, 2007

Politics and International Relations HOMEWORK July 23rd

I really enjoyed the speaker, Susan's husband. I rarely have such a chance that I can actually listen to politicians. Thank you Susan! And of course, thank you very much, Mr. Kazu!!
Since I felt an big interest in election, I went to vote yesterday as an advance voting. Actually it was my first voting!! It was a nice experience, and I realized voting is our duty!!!!

Here's my homework that is if I were working for the UN, whichi job would like to have using my English abilities?
I'm interested in World Heritage Sites. I also have a friend (she is my best friend!!) who studies environment, especially the field of mammal. Now she studies mammal, but at first, Yakushima was the trigger to make her devote the environment. I was very impressed by the story of Yakushima from her, I thought we have to save and maintain our nature and also culture, World Heritage Sites. Then, what can I do for saving culture?? I think, it is important for everyone to know the true figure of nature. I mean, now nature is definitely destroyed by a lot of factors like lumbering, construction and also poaching, and we have to realize that crisis of nature directly means crisis of all life. If I were working for UN, I want to work as a member of culture Sector: CLT of UNESCO, and first, I want to show Itsukushima shrine and Atomic Bomb Memorial Dome telling histories of these World Heritage Sites to foreign people because getting to know is the first above all. Anyway I have to study about them myself!!

Dear Ms. Susan☆
Thank you very much for this semester, too!! Actually this CCC class is my most favorite class. I learned a lots and lots and lots of interesting things cross the culture! Every topic was interesting, and I was especially impressed with every speakers. They all were very attractive, and their speech was so interesting!! I can't find such a fantastic class besides CCC!!!!
Thank you very much, again. I'll try to keep cross culture communication forever.

3 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Thanks for the great comments and congratulations on voting fpr the first time! I am glad you learned from this class. Good luck in the future!

5:20 AM  
Blogger RiddledSphinx said...

That sounds fun! You need to study a lot of history for that sort of thing, and it's even better if you know things that aren't in books! I'd like to be a tour guide in a haunted house myself! ^_^

7:23 AM  
Blogger sunny said...

It is interesting!! you have a great point of view!! If you had a chacne to work at the UN, do you want to try to work there?

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home